Wednesday, April 7, 2010

plenty to do

Wow, it's been way too long since I last posted anything! The blog has been taking a backseat, but I'm about to catch it up with what all has been happening: I am nearly done with my hotel floor plan. I just have to finish my suites up and put the actual furniture I will be using into it. I have pretty much worked out how I want to set up my restaurant and spa. I have finished the layout of both my boards and booklet. I have also gotten all of my title pages done and the headers of my pages. So all I have to do to the booklet is to put my actual design work into it and label the work on each page. In order to configure my restaurant and spa the way I want, I need to find out a couple of things regarding windows and doors. I plan on getting my concept statement down and into my board and booklet today. I would also like to get the research statement finalized. I'm kind of unsure as to what the research statement is supposed to contain. Do I write about the hotels I researched and trends? Do I write about research of the downtown Bowling Green area and what kind of boutique hotel would work well here?
I am getting really nervous about this. The deadline is fast-approaching and I feel the panic attacks are about to set in. I do feel really good about my design, but need to really get the ball rolling and get stuff done! I did get my board frames the other day. That put so much excitment in me. I can't wait to show off my biggest educational accomplishment at the Kentucky Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment