Monday, March 15, 2010

What's Going On

We just returned from Spring Break. It feels weird to have spent my last Spring Break, or general break, and only have a few weeks left of school after being in school for approximately the past 19 years! It's about to hit big time. While on Spring Break, I was in Ft. Myers, FL and went into a design center/furniture store. I saw it and absolutely HAD to go in. I saw the Eames Molded plastic chairs and Wire Chairs through the window. It's cool to see things like that when I've been seeing them and specifying them in projects. They also had some REALLY cool light fixtures that I took pictures of. One of them looked like it was cut pieces of paper with 3 'finger-like' things and each of the fingers were hinged to a different finger of another piece. It resembled popsicle sticks put together. Anywho, enough of talking about Spring Break happenings.
On the first day back here, I feel like I've finally made some progress! I got a good portion of my hotel floor plan figured out. I need to finish it and make a few minor adjustments like furniture choice. I also found some neat room dividers for my suite rooms. They are called Aparo Dividers. I have yet to find out where to get them or their dimensions, but I think it would be a really unique feature to having movable walls, or dividers, for privacy when necessary. I have integrated the front curve of the Galloway building into my hotel room design. All of a sudden I feel like I finally have ideas that I can work with, and they are pouring in to the point that I haven't even written all of them down. Thank goodness.
Although, I feel better about the situation, I realize we only have about 12 more studio classes left before we have to be completely done and ready to print it and hang it. I still have a lot of work to do, but hopefully I'll keep having productive days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment