Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Well it's been a while. We had critiques yesterday. I decided that I definitely want to stick with my modern italian theme and just roll with the pale yellow tile. We saw the actual building we are preserving and turning into our hotel/restaurant/spa last week. Although it is a large space, it still was not as large as I was picturing. I found out I need to have approximately 30 hotel rooms (of different sizes for different needs). I definitely want to do the atrium in between the buildings and possibly a very narrow atrium/skylight-like area through the middle of the hotel building. I think it would be a great way to bring in some natural light. I would like to have a shallow narrow pool running the length and width of the skylight above. I may incorporate wrought iron into this design (possibly light fixtures and in the spa area as well). idea: wrought iron spiral staircase. alright, for now I'll stop writing and keep working.

No comments:

Post a Comment