Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Here's the deal: We only have this week and next week before spring break, meaning I am starting to get nervous about this progress. I started on my floor plan. I'm going to make an outdoor dining patio next to my restaurant to utilize some of the space created by corners in the building, and also to cover up where I will be replacing a large garage door with floor to ceiling windows. In this patio, I'll be using the typical Italian wrought iron fencing with lots of beautiful foliage winding through the iron. I'm also thinking about makeing one of the existing built rooms into a coat closet for the restaurant. In my atrium-like hotel area, I'm going to design bridges to run from one side of each floor to the other. They will be modern, with classic touches. I have an idea for space dividers in the restaurant. These, if used, will be custom designed pieces. Also, I'm thinking of chaning the name from an Italian word, to 'Haven on the Corner' or 'Haven at the Corner'. I was taking the name from the theme of my design, but I thought about it and realized the name doesn't really fit into the Bowling Green area and just because it will have an Italian design theme does not mean EVERYTHING about it has to revolve around an Italian theme. I really like the new name possibility and think it would create a good starting point for my boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment